Saturday, June 4, 2011

X-box 360 vs. PS3

This is a very controversial topic in the gaming world and this is just my opinion on the subject. I will be rating the systems in two categories and five subcategories (within two of the categories) each console can score a total of ten points in the subcategories.




Controllers
I will be rating controllers in two categories comfort and style.

First Up Comfort

X-box: So the controller is in my mind perfect. It fits right in to your hand so well. Your fingers that don't pull the trigger just curl up next to the batteries. The joysticks are indented so it doesn't hurt your fingers from extended play which if you are like me is a very good thing. Everything feels very snug and comfortable so I give this controller a 10 in comfort.

PS3: The PS3 controller fits in your hands well but not as well as the PS2 controller or the  X-box controller. There is not a bulky battery in the center so there is a bit more room for you fingers; but I like to have my controllers to feel snug in my hand. The joystick is curved upwards a bit and is a bit bulky so when you play for a long time it hurts your thumbs. So this controller is not for me personally. Bu I will still give it a 5 in comfort because they aren't completely horrible some people like the PS3 controllers.

Next is Style

X-box: I think the plane black is a bit dull but has some nice contrast with the colored buttons. I like the layout of it and it is hard to describe it. There are a lot of different variations made by Microsoft so if you don't like the original style you can buy one of the different designs. I give this controller a 10 because I am yet to find a plain controller more stylish than this one

Here is the original controller not much to say about it.
PS3: So there is again not a lot to say this controller is not too stylish in my opinion. It is very dull with the original just black, even the buttons don't have much color the only time it actually looks interesting is when it has a different color, of course I guess that and the comfort issue is why there are so many third party controllers out for the PS3. I give this controller an 8.5 because compared to some other controllers this is good.

See a bit boring.

Now for the System Itself

Start up Page
X-box: The start up page, also known as the X-box Dashboard, is very easy to navigate once you get used to it. All you friends are put in one place and all the types  of the marketplaces, such as the game market place, have their own category but are all positioned in the same place in the list. You can also navigate the dashboard by clicking the right trigger or left trigger to quickly scroll through the list. There is also a spotlight where things coming up for X-box are previewed and new things in the market place are displayed. You can also change the background if you don't like the original one. I give the X-box Dashboard a 10 because it is easy to navigate and better than the two other major systems.

This is nice but not my gamer tag.


PS3: This start up page doesn't have a name, but just as easy to navigate as the X-box Dashboard. And instead of an up and down list, there is a sideways list using icons instead of words. The spot light is list at the top right corner and is a moving list so it is easy to miss something to you might be interested. Like before you can change the background. I give this start up page a 7 because of the spotlight.

Boring but you can change the background




Home Button

X-box: It doesn't matter what you are doing when you hit the home button any where you are, and yes even at the dashboard, the X-box guide opens. you have access to a lot of things including the dashboard when you are at the guide. My favorite things about it is you can check both your active downloads and your achievements and those are both very helpful.  I give this home button a 10 because it is both original and helpful.

Again, nice but not my gamer tag.
PS3: When you hit the home button it just puts a start up page on top of what ever you were doing. There are quite a bit of things where you would have to leave the current game to do so it is not the best. I give this home button a 5 because it is unoriginal and is just the start up page with limited use.

See looks a lot like the one up above.

Number of Games

X-box: O.K. so X-box has so many more exclusives than PS3 so I will give it 10.

Here is the biggest X-box exclusive.

PS3: PS3 has about 3 maybe 4 exclusives. It still has better and more games then Wii so I give it a 9.
One of the biggest PS3 exclusives.


The Final Verdict

X-box has a total of 50 out of 50 and PS3 has a total of 34.5 out of 50 so X-box won by 15.5

No comments:

Post a Comment